Anthem released yesterday to all players across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC platforms. However it has been available to early access players since 15th February. Bioware announced after a lot of rather disgruntled player feedback that they would be launching a day one patch for the game to fix many of the bugs reported by both early access players and those who took part in the open beta.
That day one patch has now gone live, and seems to have made a good start on fixing the game’s many nagging issues. The patch is a hefty 6GB collection of tweaks and changes to just about everything from the UI to the loot system. And yes, it includes a much-needed boost to the game’s loading times.
This isn’t unique to Anthem though, it’s an issue that blights most big open-world games. The likes of Destiny and Final Fantasy XIV have had more than their fair share of game-breaking bugs. There’s always a bedding-in period. The community will just have to be patient and keeping providing Bioware with feedback until Anthem finds its feet.
Below are the full patch notes for the day one patch. Another patch for Anthem is expected to be rolled out sometime in the next few weeks.
High Level Fixes:
• Improved loading times.
• Fixed many infinite loading screens.
• Fixed multiple challenges not tracking properly.
• A number of issues have been fixed that were causing players to disconnect or crash.
• Weapons and gear now have numbers present for modifiers.
General Fixes and Improvements:
• Loot Reveal and Expedition Summary now correctly displaying during the end of expedition screen.
• The gather party mechanic has been made more lenient in a number of situations.
• At the end of expedition screen players will no longer get stuck on “Recording Victories” or “Skipping All”.
• Game no longer hangs in Javelin menu when unlocking the second, third, or fourth javelin.
• During the mission “What Freelancers Do”, dying after killing Junkmaw & freeing Arcanists leaves you unable to progress, this has been fixed.
• Challenges now unlock for players at the correct levels.
• Fixed some camera issues during cut scenes.
• Legendary Contracts can now be accepted from the Social Hub contract board.
• Some enemies have had their shield values decreased.
• Loot now properly drops for players who are downed.
• The texture quality on the NPC Prospero has been improved.
• Final boss of strongholds now drop loot instead of only being shown on the end of expedition screen.
• Fixed the time outs on echoes and relics to handle disconnections properly.
• Players can no longer fall through the floor during the 3rd trial in the Fortress of Dawn.
• Completing the tutorial expedition will now show the correct Ranger appearance.
• After disconnecting, re-joining an expedition will now place you back into a squad if you were in one previously.
• Corrected an issue where players could not interact with each other in the launch bay in certain circumstances.
• Corrected an issue during the Mission “Bad Deal” where outlaws won’t spawn, blocking progress.
• The start of expedition screen has been improved.
• Addressed a variety of situations where killing enemies does not properly progress world events.
• Opening a chest now increments Tomb of the Legionnaire progress for all squad members present.
• Scar snipers can no longer shoot through Storm Shield.
• Corrected an issue where players would get stuck on the end of expedition screen in some situations.
• Players will no longer get disconnected if joining the “Finding Old Friends” mission while the cinematic is playing.
• Addressed a number of situations where players can get stuck on the environment in the launch bay.
• Increased the damage of the electric status effect.
• Corrected an issue where the Shield of Dawn could be crafted with less materials then intended in some situations.
• The Platinum Mission feat now grants completion as intended.
• Status effects can more reliably be applied to Titans.
• Fixed an issue that would cause a Stronghold server crash after defeating the last boss.
• Temple of Scar – Players can no longer get stuck in the mined tunnel in the explosives room.
• Temple of Scar – Players can no longer be blocked from entering the explosives room due to fog wall.
• Fixed Tyrant Mine so people that join the stronghold in-progress do not end up locked away from their team.
• Adjusted lighting in Tyrant Mine underwater section to make it easier to navigate to the exit.
• The Swarm Tyrant will no longer get stuck in the side cave entrances in some situations.
• Corrected an issue where players would spawn into different areas of the Tyrant Mine in certain situations.
Gear and Weapons:
• After having first pilot unlock suit after tutorials, creating a new pilot and going to forge no longer causes load screen hang.
• Ice damage bonuses are now correctly applied on ice gear.
• Suit-wide bonuses from inscription are now functioning properly.
• Players can no longer salvage equipped items.
• Javelin specific gear and/or weapons are no longer able to be used on javelins they aren’t intended for.
• Corrected an issue where in some circumstances Masterwork Components do not have any inscriptions.
• The Endless Siege Masterwork Autocannon no longer displays a damage increase of 0% in its tooltip.
• The Colossus javelin is now able to activate its shield more quickly after using an ability or firing a weapon.
• The Storm javelin now reacts to getting hit when its shields are up.
• Fixed an exploit that allowed the Storm’s ultimate attack to be used more times than intended.
• The Colossus javelin can now shield and revive at the same time.
• Interceptor Combo Aura has been increased in power and now has a damage over time component.
• Non-Masterwork materials purchased from the crafting store now show as their proper rarity instead of incorrectly showing as Masterwork.
• Additional Mouse and Keyboard control improvements have been made.
• Some conversations were not popping up the reputation points post conversation completion, this has been fixed.
• The squad screen now displays the correct information for each player.
• Fixed a number of issues where subtitles will no longer get stuck on the screen after dialogue has finished as often.
• Settings should no longer reset upon exiting and restarting the game on Xbox One.
• Motion blur can now correctly be turned off.
• The Electric Status Effect now shows scaled damage properly.
• An option has been added to hide the Squad Member HUD.
• The edge of the compass will now pulse to indicate enemy locations.
• A notification has been added in Fort Tarsis if a player’s vault is at the cap of 250 items.
• On the “Repair the Strider” step of “A Cry for Help” the search radar has been adjusted to correctly lead the player to all 4 tools.
• Primer and Detonator icons have been added to all Interceptor gear.
• Corrected a user interface issue where a player’s ultimate would show as available when it isn’t.